[ovirt-users] The feature everyone was asking for is finally here...

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 15:31:14 UTC 2017

FYI,

After many requests from multiple developers and testers, the oVirt CI
added a new simple job that lets you run the full fledged end-to-end oVirt
system tests with a click of a button.
You can read all the details and how-to in the new oVirt blog [1].

We wanted to allow running oVirt system tests on EVERY open patch from ANY
oVirt project, without relaying on complex building code inside the job.
Luckily we just added the 'build-on-demand' so together with it you can
build any rpms you'd like and use them to run the manual job.

So the 2 steps you'll need to do are:

   1. Write 'ci please build' inside a comment on an open oVirt patch (
   make sure the feature is enabled for that project first, its already
   available for ovirt-engine,vdsm,dashboard and vdsm-jsonrpc-java)
   2. Run the manual OST job for the version you'd like to test with the
   URLs you got from #1

You'll get and email once the job is done and you can browse the results
and check for logs from engine and the hosts.

Please feel free to ask questions on infra at ovirt.org as usual.

[1] https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2017/01/ovirt-system-tests-to-the-rescue/

--
Eyal Edri
Associate Manager

phone: +972-9-7692018 <+972%209-769-2018>
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)