[ovirt-users] Modifying the main /ovirt-engine/ landing page -- add link to CA Cert?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jan 4 15:50:18 UTC 2017

Hi Michal,

Michal Skrivanek <mskrivan at redhat.com> writes:

> What exact version do you have? It was changed/fixed several months
> ago to a link as above

I am running ovirt-engine-4.0.5.5-1.el7.centos.noarch and nowhere in
/usr or /etc can I find the HTML for the ovirt-engine main page.

Yes, if I **manually type in** the link above it works just fine.  As a
courtesy to my users I want to add the CA certificate URL as a clickable
link off the ovirt main page which is accessible from
https://<ovirt>/ovirt-engine/

According to some googling I found that back in the 3.x days this was
just an HTML page, but if that's still the case in 4.0 I cannot find it
in order to add the above HREF.

>>> I wouldn't even know where to start to use the plugin architecture to do
>>> this.  Any documentation pointers?
>>
>> https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/ux/uiplugins/

Thanks, Didi.  I've read through this page and it provides lots of
goodness if I wanted to add new tabs to the portal, but I can't find any
hints how I would change the page that's seen when someone first
connects to the /ovirt-engine/ page when they first connect to ovirt.

Thanks,

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745