[ovirt-users] VM Disks Locked

Clint Boggio cboggio at inlinenetworks.com
Thu Jan 5 14:35:33 UTC 2017

Good day ovirt family.

I'm having trouble with a VM showing that the disk is locked after trying to clone that VM to a new VM. The source machine was powered off when the clone was initiated. The source and destination disks both show to be locked and are currently un-usable. This situation was brought on around December 27 2016 and persists.

I have read some of the other threads  and using the information therein, have not been able to alleviate the condition. I have not tried to alter the database though, which I know is one of  the solutions to this problem. I am not confident enough in my diagnosis of the condition to alter the database at this time.

I have tried moving SPM to another node, and I have restarted ovirt-engine on the management server.

My setup is:

  1.  Dedicated ovirt-engine version 3.6 on CentOS 7
  2.  6 hosts running version 3.6 on CentOS 7

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.