[ovirt-users] Import Virtual Machines From Web Admin GUI

Beckman, Daniel Daniel.Beckman at ingramcontent.com
Thu Jan 5 16:56:03 UTC 2017

I indeed followed that procedure, including confirming I could SSH into the KVM host as user ‘vdsm’ without being prompted for a password. I had specified the host name of the KVM host, not the IP (though at one point I also tried the IP, with same results.)

I was curious so on the KVM (source) host I added entries in /etc/hosts for all of the hypervisors in oVirt, along with the oVirt engine host for good measure (probably not necessary).

I tried another import, this time withouth the “no_verify=1” and it worked without error.

Our internal DNS works – all of the hosts were able to correctly resolve addresses prior to me editing /etc/hosts. But I guess something in that process does not query DNS.

Anyway, at least that’s a cleaner solution than removing verification.

Thanks,
Daniel