[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine Update problems

Gary Pedretty gary at ravnalaska.net
Sat Jan 7 07:05:23 UTC 2017

I just tried running the most recent update that came out for Ovirt Hosted Engine setup.  This is a glusterized setup with 4 hosts setup as per the Documentation.   Each host had the icon showing upgrades available so I started clicking upgrade for each host doing them one at time. 3 of them went into maintenance fine, migrated their VMs and then activated when done.  The last one to do was the one actually running the hosted-engine VM.  This host also had one other VM.  It migrated the other VM just fine, but stalled trying to migrate the hosted-engine.  Eventually the web interface became non-responsive and I moved to command line.  I have tried everything to get the engine to start up.  I have tried putting all the hosts in maintenance so that I could selectively tell it to start the hosted-engine VM on one host specifically, but each fails with the “Failed Liveliness error.  I have tried restarting the ha agents, re-initializing the lockspace all with no success.  All my VMs are still running fine, I just cannot get the hosted-engine to run.   I can if necessary shutdown all the VMs and restart all the hosts, but was trying to avoid that unless I have to.

Ideas.

Gary

Gary Pedretty                                        gary at ravnalaska.net <mailto:gary at eraalaska.net>
Systems Manager                                          www.flyravn.com <http://www.flyravn.com/>
Ravn Alaska                           /\                    907-450-7251
5245 Airport Industrial Road         /  \/\             907-450-7238 fax
Fairbanks, Alaska  99709        /\  /    \ \ Second greatest commandment
Serving All of Alaska          /  \/  /\  \ \/\   “Love your neighbor as
Really loving the record green up date! Summmer!!   yourself” Matt 22:39