[ovirt-users] oVirt getting confused w/ hosts' gluster bricks on different FQDNs/interfaces?

Doug Ingham dougti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:42:59 UTC 2017

Hey all,
 Each of my hosts/nodes also hosts its own gluster bricks for the storage
domains, and peers over a dedicated FQDN & interface.

For example, the first server is setup like the following...
eth0: v0.dc0.example.com (10.10.10.100)
eth1: s0.dc0.example.com (10.123.123.100)

As it's a self-hosted engine, the gluster volumes & peers were necessarily
setup outside of the oVirt UI, before the HE was deployed. oVirt then
picked up the volume & brick configurations when the storage domains were
added.

However on the UI, the servers & directories for the bricks under the
Volumes tab all show the main FQDNs of the hosts, not the FQDNs used for
the storage layer.
When I click on "Advanced Details" for a brick, it just shows "Error in
fetching the brick details, please try again."

Could this be a sign of a problem, or potentially be causing any problems?

Technically, the volumes can be mounted on both FQDNs as glusterd listens
on all interfaces, however it only peers on the storage interfaces.

(The bricks on my data volume, and only my data volume, keep coming
unsynced and I'm trying to locate the exact cause :/ )

Any help much appreciated,
--
Doug