[ovirt-users] separate gluster cluster

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 04:44:17 UTC 2017

You will need to add the hosts to oVirt only to manage the gluster
deployment -i.e creation of volumes, setting volume options, add/remove
bricks, monitoring gluster volume.

To consume the gluster volume as storage domain, you don't necessarily need
to add the hosts (in a non-hyperconverged requirement).
localhost for mount will work only if glusterd service is running on all
the hypervisors and the hypervisors are part of the cluster that the volume
being mounted belongs to.