[ovirt-users] Can't connect to my VMs' consoles using any method

summit hainey s.hainey at protonmail.ch
Wed Jan 11 20:18:42 UTC 2017

I believe I have setup the engine as a proxy, during the initial install, unless I'm remembering incorrectly, or misread something.

I ended up at least being able to connect using the "Native" client option, apparently, the TLS port was not being forwarded by default in the firewall settings oVirt setup during install. I got the console to work after opening the port and saving the .vv, and then running it manually, however this is not a good long term solution for my situation... ideally I'd like to get one or both of the browser clients working.

I think the issue may be one of three things, a cert issue, but I don't know how likely that is. Obviously I get an invalid cert issue from whatever browser I access oVirt with since it's just using the default local certs, but I've allowed them on both Firefox and Chromium, and I've gotten a websocket console to work in different management platforms (kimchi), however I read somewhere in my search that oVirt uses two certs, one for the main part of the client, and then another for websockets, however I don't know if this is accurate.

The other thing I suspect is that it could be another port/firewall related issue, although I cannot see what port it could be, and I have no real hints to go on.

Lastly I imagine the proxy could be ill-configured, but I don't know how seeing as everything is essentially set to default.

Actually, I just thought of another possibility though it seems like a bit of a stretch, but I'm running the oVirt host and the engine on the same machine, but not in a hosted-engine setup.

That's the best I've got, though.