[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine: Add another host

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:29:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 5:50 PM, gregor <gregor_forum at catrix.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a hosted-engine setup on one host. Today I try to add another
> host from the UI but this gives me some errors without detail.
>
> Is there a way to add a new host from the shell?
> Not a node [1] because I plan to use docker as well on the host, it's a
> test environment.
> Or is it better to install the host as node?
>
> cheers
> gregor
>
> [1] http://www.ovirt.org/node/

It would be useful to understand the errors you get in web ui, because they
could be similar also in command line deploy....

I think you can follow what happened in 3.6 as described here:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.6/html/Self-Hosted_Engine_Guide/chap-Installing_Additional_Hosts_to_a_Self-Hosted_Environment.html

For oVirt and CentOS I think that these below should be the commands to run
on your second host (see the other details explained in the web page above,
that could be different in some way in 4.0 vs 3.6)

# yum install http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release40.rpm
# yum install ovirt-hosted-engine-setup
# hosted-engine --deploy

HIH,