[ovirt-users] How to pass unattend file to a sysprep Windows 2012r2 template

Denis Pithon denis.pithon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 11:14:30 UTC 2017

Hello oVirt users,

We currently run about 300 VMs with oVirt, both Linux and Windows servers.
Cloud init works great for Linux VMs and we would like to do the same for
Windows. We have a 2012r2 sysprep template but we do not manage to
configure the initial run such that the new Windows VM boot *and join our
AD domain* thereafter. Does someone have any clues/informations about this
kind of operation ? How to specify unattend file in the 'New Virtual
Machine' ? What kind of data (and format) is required in the 'sysprep'
field ?

Best whishes to everyone!
Denis

PS: We run oVirt Engine 4.0.5