[ovirt-users] [ANN] oVirt 4.0.6 Release is now available

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Jan 15 15:54:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

There's one BIG difference between what you did and what I did...

On Sun, January 15, 2017 10:08 am, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>

>> FWIW, I'm running on a single-host system with hosted-engine.
>>

> I made the same update on two single host environments with self hosted
> engine without any problem.
> My approach was;
>
> - shutdown all VMs except self hosted engine
> - put environment in global maintenance
> - update the self hosted engine environment
> (with commands:
> yum update "ovirt-*-setup*"
> engine-setup
> )

I did "yum update" and not "yum update "ovirt-*-setup*".. and...

> - verify connection to engine web admin gui is still ok and 4.0.6. Engine
> os at this time is still 7.2

.... I updated the OS to 7.3 in the engine VM.

I think that's the root of this bug, having PG restarted from under dwhd.
The fact that your engine is still at 7.2 implies you didn't also perform
the OS update on the engine.  I wanted to do that.  (Not sure why you
didn't).

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745