[ovirt-users] Black Screen Issue when installing Ovirt Hypervisor bare metal

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 09:43:04 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Jeramy Johnson <mrcomputer2007 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hey Support, Im new to Ovirt and wanted to know if you can help me out
> for some strange reason when i try to install Ovirt Node Hypervisor on a
> machine (baremetal) using the ISO,

Hi, welcome aboard!
Which ISO are you using for the installation?

I get a black screen after I select Install Ovirt Hypervisor and nothing
> happens. Can someone help assist? The machine i'm using for deployment is
> HP 280 Business PC, i5 processor, 8gigs memory, 1tb hard drive.

Please note that oVirt is not designed for a single host use case. If you
need to run VMs on a single host there are other solutions designed for it
like Kimchi : https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi

Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com