[ovirt-users] oVirt Console on Windows 7

Brett Holcomb biholcomb at l1049h.com
Tue Jan 17 23:10:43 UTC 2017

On my Windows machine I can run the web portal without issues but I
would like to use the console from the portal on the VMs.  I installed
the virt-manager but it if I do

spice://myengine.my.domain:5900 it tells me I can't connect.

I've found a lot of contradictory advice (big surprise! <G>). Some say I
need to install spice.cab (link does not work and a working link lead to
a site with malware which got blocked).

So what do I need to use a console in the portal in Windows 7?

Also, when will the portal work with Chrome?

Thanks.