[ovirt-users] Migrate hosted engine to a new storage domain

Logan Kuhn support at jac-properties.com
Thu Jan 19 02:01:47 UTC 2017

Hi

We are planning on moving to a different storage solution and I'm curious,
is there a way to migrate the hosted engine's storage domain to the new
solution?  It's NFS currently and can be NFS on the new storage as well.

>From what I've read it looks like it should be possible to

   1. Take a full backup of the engine VM
   2. Deploy another hosted engine VM with hosted-engine --deploy
   3. Install/configure CentOS 7.3
   4. Deploy new engine with engine-setup
   5. Then restore the backup into the new VM.

What I'm not sure of is if that backup will contain enough of it's data to
restore to a completely different storage domain?

Also, the engine database is on a remote server, the data warehouse service
and all other aspects of the hosted engine reside on the VM.

Thanks,
Logan