[ovirt-users] oVirt Community Newsletter: December 2016

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 15:12:19 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Brian Proffitt <bproffit at redhat.com> wrote:

> It's a new year with new opportunities for oVirt to show up its
> virtualization features! We're getting ready for DevConf.CZ in Brno next
> week, and FOSDEM in Brussels the week after that! We look forward to
> meeting European developers and sysadmins to share your experiences!
>
> Here's what happened in December of 2016:
>
> -----------------
> Software Releases
> -----------------
>
> oVirt 4.0.6 Release is now available
> http://bit.ly/2iOI9cY
>
> ----------------
> In the Community
> ----------------
>
> Happy New Documentation!
> http://bit.ly/2iOLCrW
>
> oVirt System Tests to the Rescue!—How to Run End-to-End oVirt Tests on
> Your Patch
> http://bit.ly/2iONDUR
>
> CI Please Build—How to build your oVirt project on-demand
> http://bit.ly/2iOTAkD
>
> The Need for Speed—Coming Changes in oVirt's CI Standards
> http://bit.ly/2iOPUzf
>
> Еxtension of iptables Rules on oVirt 4.0 Hosts
> http://bit.ly/2iOPARp
>
> New oVirt Project Underway
> http://bit.ly/2iOKeW6

I would add oVirt Italian community events being planned:

OpenStack & oVirt beer ; January 27th 2017
https://www.meetup.com/it-IT/Meetup-OpenStack-Milano/events/236414454/

oVirt Workshop and 4.1 Release party ;  February 13th 2017
https://www.eventbrite.it/e/biglietti-ovirt-41-workshop-release-party-31347251473
https://www.facebook.com/events/391387704529823/

> ------------------------------------
> Deep Dives and Technical Discussions
> ------------------------------------
>
> KVM/Linux Nested Virtualization Support For ARM
> http://bit.ly/2iOILiD
>
> Virtual Machines in Kubernetes? How and what makes sense?
> http://bit.ly/2iOWDtj
>
> ANNOUNCE: New libvirt project Go XML parser model
> http://bit.ly/2iORd1j
>
> Using OVN with KVM and Libvirt
> http://bit.ly/2iOOEwc
>
> New libvirt project Go language bindings
> http://bit.ly/2iP0ne5
>
> CI tools testing lab: Making it do useful work
> http://bit.ly/2iOVilZ
>
> CI tools testing lab: Integrating Jenkins and adding Zuul UI
> http://bit.ly/2iOOBRa
>
> CI tools testing lab: Adding Zuul Merger
> http://bit.ly/2iOP1a8
>
> CI tools testing lab: Setting up Zuul Server
> http://bit.ly/2iOUZYn
>
> CI tools testing lab: Adding Gerrit
> http://bit.ly/2iP0CG1
>
> CI tools testing lab: Initial setup with Jenkins
> http://bit.ly/2iOSvtc
>
> ---------------
> Downstream News
> ---------------
>
> Debugging a kernel in QEMU/libvirt
> http://red.ht/2jvB5mf
>
> Five Reasons to Switch from vSphere to Red Hat Virtualization
> http://red.ht/2iLW5YU
>
> Red Hat scoops Best Virtualization Product at the V3 Technology Awards 2016
> http://red.ht/2hW9N7B
>

> --
> Brian Proffitt
> Principal Community Analyst