[ovirt-users] Attach Storage via CLI

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Sat Jan 21 09:18:54 UTC 2017

On 01/20/2017 03:30 PM, Steffen Nolden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have create a storagedomain with ovirt-shell:
>
> add storagedomain --host-name <host> --type data --storage-type
> glusterfs --storage-path <IP>:/data --storage-vfs_type glusterfs --name
> Data-Domain
>

> Now i try to attach it to the data-center. I found this command
>
> add storagedomain --datacenter-identifier Default --name Data-Domain
>

> But i got this Error-MSG:

> ERROR
> cannot construct collection/member view, checked variants are:
> [('--datacenter-identifier',)].
>

> What is wrong..  or how can i attach a storagedomain to a data-center
> via CLI?
>
> Thanks

Should be this command:

  add storagedomain --parent-datacenter-name Default --name Data-Domain

Please note that the CLI is based on version 3 of the API, which is
deprecated since version 4 of the engine, and will be removed in versoin
4.2. Consider using one of the version 4 SDKs for your scripts. Here you
have some examples:

  Python:

https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/blob/master/sdk/examples/attach_nfs_data_storage_domain.py

  Ruby: