[ovirt-users] domain types for export and iso: no fcp and no iscsi

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 13:08:33 UTC 2017

Il 22/Gen/2017 13:23, "Maor Lipchuk" <mlipchuk at redhat.com> ha scritto:

That is indeed the behavior.
ISO and export are only supported through mount options.

Ok

I think that the goal is to replace those types of storage domains.

In which sense/way?

For example the backup that the export storage domain is used for can be
used with a regular data storage domain since oVirt 3.6.

I have not understood ... can you detail this?

I have available a test environment with several San LUNs and no easy way
to connect to nfs or similar external resources... how could I provide
export and iso in this case? Creating a specialized vm and exporting from
there, even if it would be a circular dependency then..? Suggestions?