[ovirt-users] oVirt Python SDK on Ubuntu

Ondra Machacek omachace at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 12:38:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas at ecarnot.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to follow
> http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/python-sdk/
> and I'm successfully discovering Python + oVirt SDK on CentOS.
>
> I'd like to do the same on Ubuntu, but the instructions seem incomplete :
>
> "
> easy_install ovirt-engine-sdk-python
> "
>
> is working, but "import ovirtsdk" doen't give anything.

Note that the wiki page is about SDK version 3, which will be deprecated in 4.2.
When you run 'easy_install ovirt-engine-sdk-python' it will install
Python SDK version
4, which is different from SDK version 3.

You may find few examples of Python SDK version 4 here:

 https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/tree/master/sdk/examples