[ovirt-users] Update NFS storage of the HE server

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 17:13:40 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Claude Duropcher <
claude.durocher at cptaq.gouv.qc.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We need to update/reboot the NFS server on wich the hosted engine is
> installed. This server also hosts a couple of extra storage domains (ISO,
> Export and a iScsi domain). I'm wondering if this procedure is complete for
> an oVirt 4.0 installation :
>
> 1-set the environment to global maintenance
>
> 2-set the extra domains to maintenance mode
>
> 3-shutdown the hosted engine
>
> 4-update/reboot the storage server
>
> 5-reboot the hosted engine
>
> 6-reactivate extra domains
>
> 7-disable global maintenance mode
>
> I'm wondering what's happening after step 4 and how ovirt will react when
> the NFS storage disapear and come back.

ovirt-ha-agent will try to reconnect the shared storage if hosted-engine
for all the time; depending on different factors, sanlock will fail
updating the hosted-engine lease ans this can bring the watchdog to reboot
the host.
Setting also local maintenance mode on the involved hosts is a good idea.