[ovirt-users] oVirt installs 3.6 repos for 4.0 compat cluster

James james at jloh.co
Tue Jan 24 05:00:01 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I'm trying to servers to a new oVirt 4.0 cluster. I've upgraded the
engine (not hosted, standalone) to version 4.0.6.3 and run engine-setup
and everything seemed to go fine.

When reinstalling oVirt on a host after removing it from the 3.6 compat
cluster into a 4.0 compat cluster causes issues when reinstalling and
setting up the management network for some reason. I haven't been able
to track this issue down fully yet.

Whats weird is that even when a fresh new host is installed and added to
the grid for some reason oVirt installs the repos for oVirt 3.6 on the
host. I'm sure this is done by oVirt itself since they aren't there
before I install the host and we don't manage these outside of that. It
also just stalls at "Activating" the host and I can't do anything with
them after that.

Shouldn't it be installing version 4.0 for this cluster? I've triple
checked its set to version 4.0 compatibility and the data center its in
is also set to this level.

Unsure what logs I can provide but any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Cheers,
James