[ovirt-users] [PySDK v3] Choose storage domain

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Tue Jan 24 09:13:17 UTC 2017

Hello,

When trying to create a VM by cloning a template, I found out I couldn't
choose the target storage domain :

[...]
vm_storage_domain = api.storagedomains.get(name=storage_domain)
vm_params = params.VM(name=vm_name,
                         memory=vm_memory,
                         cluster=vm_cluster,
                         template=vm_template,
                         os=vm_os,
                         storage_domain=vm_storage_domain,
                         )
try:
	api.vms.add(vm=vm_params)
[...]

I'm getting :
Failed to create VM from Template:

status: 400
reason: Bad Request
detail: Cannot add VM. The selected Storage Domain does not contain the
VM Template.

... which I know, but I thought that, as with the GUI, I could specify
the target storage domain.

I made my homework, and I found a nice answer from Juan :
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2016-January/037321.html
but this relates to snapshots, and not to template usage, so I'm still
stuck.
May I ask an advice?

--
Nicolas ECARNOT