[ovirt-users] get UI working throug ALIAS and real hostname

Doug Ingham dougti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 14:49:03 UTC 2017

On 24 January 2017 at 15:15, emanuel.santosvarina at mahle.com wrote:

> If I access the UI via "ALIAS" I get the Error-Page "The client is not
> authorized to request an authorization. It's required to access the system
> using FQDN.
>
> What can I do to get UI working through ALIAS and real hostname?

The Hosted-Engine should be installed & configured with the correct FQDN to
begin with. Changing it post install is currently unsupported & can cause a
whole host of problems. There are a couple of documented cases where people
have attempted to do so with varying success, but non have come out problem
free.

I'm currently in the same situation after a company domain change and have
decided that the risk of unforeseen issues & potential problems down the
line, are far greater than the pain of redeploying & migrating to a new
environment.

A really hacky hack, without interfering with the engine, would be to try &
put a reverse proxy in front, but that'll require a load of dynamic
rewriting filters to work.

On 24 January 2017 at 11:41, Juan Hernández <jhernand at redhat.com> wrote:

> Create a 99-whatever-you-like.conf file in
> /etc/ovirt-engine/engine.conf.d with the following content:
>
>   SSO_ALTERNATE_ENGINE_FQDNS="thealias"
>
> Then restart the engine:
>
>   systemctl restart ovirt-engine
>
> This setting is documented here:
>

> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine/blob/master/
> packaging/services/ovirt-engine/ovirt-engine.conf.in#L363-L366

AFAIK, the SSL certificates will still need updating & I've read of people
still having other issues due to differing FQDNs. Being able to update the
HE's FQDN would be of big interest to me, but I've not yet seen one case
where it didn't end with anomalies...

--
Doug