[ovirt-users] Missing Cloud-Init parameters when creating VM from template in User Portal

Jan Siml jsiml at plusline.net
Tue Jan 24 20:26:07 UTC 2017

Hello,

we are running oVirt Engine in version 4.0.6.3-1. While preparing
templates I came across the following problem. The virtual machine
created with the template should be configured via Cloud-Init on initial
run. The checkbox 'Use Cloud-Init/Sysprep' is ticked and the necessary
fields for provisioning via Cloud-Init are filled. When viewing/editing
the template in Administration Portal and User Portal the checkbox is
still ticked and fields are filled, also when creating a VM via 'VM/ New
VM' inside Administration Portal. But not when a VM is created via 'VM/
New VM' inside User Portal. Checkbox is unticked and when it is
activated all fields are unfilled.

Is this a bug or a feature? Seems to unrelated to permissions of the
user who creates the VM, because we can reproduce it even with Super
User permissions.

Kind regards

Jan