[ovirt-users] Connect to Hosted-Engine using ----add-console-password --password=

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 10:20:50 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 4:51 AM, Matt . <yamakasi.014 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oops, I was connecting using Spice and needed VNC. Maybe it's nice to
> put this in the output or the help for the console command.

The console commands now directly points to the serial console and it's
intended to bu run on the host where the engine VM is running for
troubleshooting activities: it's text only but you don't need any graphical
subsystem on the host you are going to use.

Then you could still connect with remote viewer from an external machine
but you have to identify the right port and the protocol;
if you are using spice you need also to download the right certificates.
Could you please open an RFE to print out the list of command to connect
from a remote client with remote viewer in the output of hosted-engine
--console ?