[ovirt-users] [ANN] oVirt 4.1.0 First Release Candidate is now available

Ralf Schenk rs at databay.de
Thu Jan 26 11:03:44 UTC 2017

Hello,

reading the Release notes at http://www.ovirt.org/release/4.1.0/ I see a
lot of changes regarding gluster, but I'm missing the most important
information:

Will oVirt 4.1.0 finally use libgfapi to access gluster based volumes or
are we still seeing FUSE based access.

This feature that was misleadingly already described years ago in many
blog-posts for me was really important to set up a cluster with oVirt
(3.6.x at the beginning). So I was really disappointed with FUSE access
that I got.

Bye

Am 23.01.2017 um 13:35 schrieb Sandro Bonazzola:
> The oVirt Project is pleased to announce the availability of the First
> Release candidate of oVirt 4.1.0 for testing, as of January 23rd, 2016
>
> This is pre-release software. Please take a look at our community page[1]
> to know how to ask questions and interact with developers and users.
> All issues or bugs should be reported via oVirt Bugzilla[2].
> This pre-release should not to be used in production.
>
> This update is the first release candidate of the 4.1 release series.
> 4.1.0 brings more than 250 enhancements and more than 700 bugfixes,
> including more than 300 high or urgent
> severity fixes, on top of oVirt 4.0 series
> See the release notes [3] for installation / upgrade instructions and a
> list of new features and bugs fixed.
>

> This release is available now for:
> * Fedora 24 (tech preview)
> * Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 or later
> * CentOS Linux (or similar) 7.3 or later
>
> This release supports Hypervisor Hosts running:
> * Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 or later
> * CentOS Linux (or similar) 7.3 or later
> * Fedora 24 (tech preview)
> * oVirt Node 4.1
>
> See the release notes draft [3] for installation / upgrade
> instructions and
> a list of new features and bugs fixed.
>
> Notes:
> - oVirt Live iso is already available[5]
> - oVirt Node NG iso is already available[5]
> - Hosted Engine appliance is already available
>
> A release management page including planned schedule is also available[4]
>

> Additional Resources:
> * Read more about the oVirt 4.1.0 release
> highlights:http://www.ovirt.org/release/4.1.0/
> * Get more oVirt Project updates on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ovirt
> * Check out the latest project news on the oVirt
> blog:http://www.ovirt.org/blog/
>
> [1] https://www.ovirt.org/community/
> [2] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?classification=oVirt
> [3] http://www.ovirt.org/release/4.1.0/
> [4]
> http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/releases/4.1/release-management/
> [5] http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.1-pre/iso/
>

> --
> Sandro Bonazzola
> Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
> See how it works at redhat.com <http://redhat.com>

*Ralf Schenk*
fon +49 (0) 24 05 / 40 83 70
fax +49 (0) 24 05 / 40 83 759
mail *rs at databay.de* <mailto:rs at databay.de>

*Databay AG*
Jens-Otto-Krag-Straße 11
D-52146 Würselen
*www.databay.de* <http://www.databay.de>

Sitz/Amtsgericht Aachen • HRB:8437 • USt-IdNr.: DE 210844202
Vorstand: Ralf Schenk, Dipl.-Ing. Jens Conze, Aresch Yavari, Dipl.-Kfm.
Philipp Hermanns
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Wilhelm Dohmen