[ovirt-users] Ovirt dashboard values

rightkicktech.gmail.com rightkicktech at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 09:50:11 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand what is the meaning of the overcommit and usage percentage values shown in dashboard. For examlle, for the cpu, documentation simply states that indicates the ratio of virtual/physical cores available to "running" VMs.

I have the following cpu values:
86% available of 100%
Overcommit: 38% (allocated 63%).

Bug 1402007 mentions that overcommit (although misleading term) indicates the physical resources allocated to running VMs. While "allocated" is the total physical resource allocated to provisioned VMs, running or not. Still why 86% available? What is the math behind it?

Thanx,
Alex