[ovirt-users] Manual VDSM install cannot start

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 07:01:33 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Matt . <yamakasi.014 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> When I try to installl VDSM manually and run the following needed commands:
>
> systemctl stop supervdsmd.service
> systemctl stop  libvirtd.service
> vdsm-tool configure --module libvirt --force
> systemctl start vdsmd.service

Is this documented anywhere as something that should be possible/recommended?
In host-deploy and in hosted-engine-setup we run the tool without '--module',
so it configures all modules.

> VDSMD is not able to start:
>
> Jan 29 20:09:34 host-04 vdsm-tool: libvirt: XML-RPC error :
> authentication failed: authentication failed
> Jan 29 20:09:34 host-04 journal: authentication failed: authentication failed

If the above worked for you in the past, it might mean that some change
in vdsm made it configure stuff to make above error not happen in some
other module.

If it's indeed documented anywhere, we should probably fix the doc.

> Jan 29 20:09:34 host-04 journal: End of file while reading data:
> Input/output error
> Jan 29 20:09:34 host-04 journal: authentication failed: Failed to
> start SASL negotiation: -20 (SASL(-13): user not found: unable to
> canonify user and get auxprops)
>

> What can cause this issue, I see earlier issues with some passwd.py
> missing file but I'm on 4.0.6 which should not have this issue
> anymore.
>
> I hope someone has some clue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt