[ovirt-users] oVirt VM backup and restore

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 09:44:52 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 5:42 PM, raphael awadallah
<raphael.awadallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dears Engineers,
> I hope you are doing great,
> I wish you can help me with a tutorial that shows how to take a scheduled
> backups for virtual machines running on oVirt node 4 and how to restore
> them.

>From oVirt's project point of view, we only supply an API for this, no
actual end-user tools. See also:

https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/backup-restore-api-integration/

If you search the net for e.g. 'ovirt backup vms', you can find lots of stuff -
actual tools, blog posts, mailing lists/forum discussions, etc.

Many of these were also mentioned/discussed on this list over the years, so
you can search also the list archives.

Personally I do not have experience with any of the tools, so can't comment.

If you need help with something specific you are trying to do - such as use
one of the existing tools, or use the api directly, etc. - then please provide
more details about what you are trying to do and what problems you run into.

Best,
--
Didi