[ovirt-users] Ovirt 4 failing to setup CentOS 7.2 host (everything default)

Eidmantas Ivanauskas eidmantasivanauskas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:43:29 UTC 2017

I could SSH into it, because (as per supervdsm log) the original network config was restored.

Engine and host are in completely different continents (America, Europe)

I cleared both engine.log and host logs. Went into Ovirt GUI and ‘Setup Host Networks
 and dragged  ovirtmgmt  in my GUI to bind with the main ethernet adapter.

As always, the console freezes (as network connection is lost after those retries and the original config is restored).

engine.log
http://pastebin.com/kT6WSq2W

and host-deploy doesn’t add any extra info. I guess it’s because I am actually not deploying the host, but rather doing ‘Setup Host Networks’ attachment of ‘ovirtmgmt’?

Thanks so much for replying.

> On Jan 31, 2017, at 9:28 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Eidmantas Ivanauskas <eidmantasivanauskas at gmail.com <mailto:eidmantasivanauskas at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Trying to setup a new Ovirt Engine + a separate CentOS 7.2 based Host. After adding the host, SSH freezes (possibly due to the log below), then the GUI just displays ‘Non Operational’.
>
> Please note that following CentOS 7.3 release, 7.2 is not supported anymore.
> Latest qemu-kvm-ev 2.6 requires CentOS 7.3.

[root at CentOS-73-64-minimal ~]# cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
[root at CentOS-73-64-minimal ~]#

It was 7.3 after all, not 7.2. Sorry.