[ovirt-users] AAA Auth FreeIPA does not show users

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 09:24:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

it seem that your schema doesn't match the defaults or you home some
configuration issue. Could you please execute following and send us the
output for your IPA setup?

  ovirt-engine-extensions-tool --log-level=FINE aaa
authz-fetch_principal_record --authz-flag=resolve-groups-recursive
--authz-flag=resolve-groups --extension-name=<PROFILE-NAME>
--principal-name=<USERNAME>

The above will search for a user by <USERNAME> and tries to fetch all
groups he is member of.

Btw you can test both "search users/groups" and "login a user" during
aaa-ldap-setup tool (and it's recommended to do so) and the output from
those commands should provide you the same details.

Thanks

Martin Perina