[ovirt-users] Importing VMs from kvm to oVirt. "VM zarafa is down with error. Exit message: Failed to find the libvirt domain."

Arik Hadas ahadas at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 07:05:23 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto <
lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Marc,
>
> could you please attach your vdsm.log of the host where virt-v2v (the
> conversion tool) is running? In that logs you'll have more details
> about, and maybe we can try launching manually the conversion command
> and see what's happening.

Note that since it is a kvm VM, virt-v2v is not involved in the process.

> Luca
>
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Marc Pfaendler
> <marc.pfaendler at fds-consulting.ch> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm trying to import an existing kvm VM into oVirt 4.1. It a new server
> with
> > a fresh installation of oVirt.
> >
> > I'm working with the oVirt gui to achieve this.
> > After moving the VM from the old system into the export folder, the gui
> > allows me to import it.
> > The import seems to succeed. But after the VM is imported it fails to
> start.

So the VM resided in some oVirt data center (the old system), you exported
the VM into an export domain (export folder), detached the export domain
from that data center, attached it to a new one, imported the VM and it
doesn't run now?

> > Giving this error:
> >        "VM zarafa is down with error. Exit message: Failed to find the
> > libvirt domain."

Please file a bug and attach the engine log, vdsm log and qemu log (the
latter can be found in /var/log/libvirt/qemu), covering the time you run
the VM.