[ovirt-users] Building oVirt engine on Debian

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 07:27:26 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 6:17 AM, Leni Kadali Mutungi
<lenikmutungi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/17, Leni Kadali Mutungi <lenikmutungi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Managed to build successfully using a directory in home that the
>> non-root user can write to. However I when I ran the engine-setup, I
>> ran into the issue of specifying a fully qualified domain name. I
>> tried the possible answers I could think of (hostname.example.com,
>> 127.0.0.1) but they didn't seem to work.
>
> For this I searched the archives and the problem seems to be with what
> I've defined in my /etc/hosts file. So this one I know how to solve.
> So how do I get the engine-setup to run again?

The message:

No handlers could be found for logger "ovirt.engine.ovirt_engine.configfile"

is ugly, but harmless. It almost always appears in the setup log file.
You are welcome to open a bug about it, though.

Not sure what's the problem with engine-setup.

Can you please provide the full output?

Does it create a log file? Can you check/share that one too?

Can you please try this:

OTOPI_DEBUG=1 engine-setup

Best,

> --