[ovirt-users] Storage domain does not exist

Bryan Sockel Bryan.Sockel at altn.com
Thu Jun 1 11:19:32 UTC 2017

Hey,

I am having an issue moving/copying vm's and templates around in my ovirt
environment. I am getting the following error in my VDSM Logs:

"2017-06-01 01:01:54,425-0500 ERROR (jsonrpc/5) [storage.Dispatcher]
{'status': {'message': "Storage domain does not exist:
(u'97258ca6-5acd-40c7-a812-b8cac02a9621',)", 'code': 358}} (dispatcher:77)"

I believe this started when i destroyed a data domain instead of removing
the domain correctly.  I have since then rebuilt my ovirt environment,
importing my gluster domains back into my new setup.

I believe the issue is related to some stale metadata on my gluster storage
servers somewhere but do not know how to remove it or where it exists.

I found these two posts that seem to deal with the same problem i am seeing.

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/180623
and
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2355061

Currently running 2 dedicated gluster servers and 2 Ovirt VM hosts servers,
one is acting as an arbiter for my replica 3 gluster file system.

All hosts are running CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)

Thanks