[ovirt-users] Postgres errors after updating to 9.5.7 from 9.5.4

Jamie Lawrence jlawrence at squaretrade.com
Thu Jun 1 22:19:43 UTC 2017

> On May 24, 2017, at 6:25 AM, support at jac-properties.com wrote:
>
> Which makes sense seeing as that's what Red Hat officially supports.  It just made sense for our infrastructure to put it on our postgres cluster that is running 9.5.x.  Unfortunately things like this happen sometimes when running a slightly unsupported infrastructure.

We have done the same thing. Be aware that it makes upgrades a PITA - the installer is picky about the version, as well as various PG config options and refuses to run if you don't satisfy it. I hacked the installer, because that was easier than standing up an ancient Postgres just for the upgrade in our environment; YMMV.

-j