[ovirt-users] Seamless SAN HA failovers with oVirt?

Sven Achtelik Sven.Achtelik at eps.aero
Tue Jun 6 06:42:05 UTC 2017

Hi Matthew,

I'm also using a HA TrueNAS as the storage. I have NFS as well as iscsi shares and did do some in place upgrade. The failover went more or less smooth, it was more of an issue on the TrueNas side where the different vlans didn't come up. This caused the engine to take down the storage domain and things took some time until everything was up again. The VMs in ovirt did go into paused mode and started to work again as soon as the failover was done. I was failing over by rebooting one of the TrueNas nodes and this took some time for the other node to take over. I was thinking about asking the TN guys if there is a command or procedure to speed up the failover. In all I didn't stop any VMs although the VMs paused. Depending on the critically of the VMs you might want to move to another storage.

Sven