[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine not responding

Maton, Brett matonb at ltresources.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 21:07:43 UTC 2017

I'm pretty sure that I've got a failing (to boot) kernel on my Self hosted
engine, as this has happened a few times on 'regular' guest VM's

  I've tried getting it to boot from (several) CD Image, but there is no
VNC console and hosted-engine --console just hangs at Escape character is ^]

Any suggestions ?

I know which LVM is the hosted engine disk but I don't know how to mount it
from the physical host, If I could mount it I could probably switch the
kernel back to an earlier one.

All else fails I have a back up of the engine taken this morning, but I
seem to recall having problems re-deploying hosted-engine when one already
exists in the cluster (dead or not)

Regards,
Brett