[ovirt-users] Building oVirt engine on Debian

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 06:49:54 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 6:28 AM, Leni Kadali Mutungi
<lenikmutungi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Results on trying a separate build on a CentOS VM are again a freeze
> at the same point as stated below:
>
> [INFO] weaveinfo Join point 'constructor-execution(void
> com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.impl.ControlFlowAnalyzer.<init>(com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.ast.JProgram))'
> in Type 'com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.impl.ControlFlowAnalyzer'
> (ControlFlowAnalyzer.java:905) advised by after advice from
> 'org.ovirt.engine.ui.gwtaop.DontPrune' (DontPrune.java)
>
> I assigned the CentOS VM 3GB of RAM, so that could very well be the
> problem. So the next step will be to increase the RAM of the VM to 4GB
> and report back with my findings.

See end of README.adoc and ovirt_build_minimal - you can check the spec
file to see what it causes rpmbuild to actually pass to make.

> I installed oVirt normally (from repos) on another CentOS VM and I
> noticed during engine-setup that the minimum amount of RAM is 4GB and
> the preferred amount is 16GB.

This is unrelated to building.

> I'm guessing 8GB is probably not enough to build oVirt, though I think
> it would do for a user install.

For merely starting an engine and see that it works and you can login,
1-2GB are enough too.

For building, I do not know - IIRC last time I built an engine myself,
not in jenkins, I used a 16GB machine. Memory usage depends a lot on
what you choose to build and how - already discussed this in the past.

Best,

--
Didi