[ovirt-users] Host install common error

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Thu Jun 8 15:52:55 UTC 2017

Hello folks.

One of the most (if not the more) annoying problems of oVirt is the
known message "... installation failed. Command returned failure code 1
during SSH session ..." which happens quiet often in several situations.

Scrubbing installation logs it seems that most stuff goes well, but then
it stops in a message saying: "ERROR otopi.context
context._executeMethod:151 Failed to execute stage 'Setup validation':
Cannot locate vdsm package, possible cause is incorrect channels" -
followed by another message: "DEBUG otopi.context
context.dumpEnvironment:770 ENV BASE/exceptionInfo=list:'[(<type
'exceptions.RuntimeError'>, RuntimeError('Cannot locate vdsm package,
possible cause is incorrect channels',), <traceback object at 0x3131ef0>)]'"

I am not sure why would it complain about the repositories as this is a
Minimal CentOS 7 Install and the oVirt repository is added by
oVirt-Engine itself so I assumed it added the most appropriate to its
own version.
I even tried to copy over the same repositories used on the Hosts that
are installed and working fine but that message shows up again on the
Install retries.

Does anyone have any other hints where to look ?

For reference my engine version running is: 4.1.1.6-1.el7.centos.

Fernando