[ovirt-users] Host install common error

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 19:14:20 UTC 2017

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:33:15 PM EDT Christopher Hunt wrote:
> In my experience, the oVirt repository is NOT added by oVirt-Engine
> itself.  I always add the repo after installing the base OS
>
> -Chris

Yeah when I setup a host for testing I always do:

1. Get minimal install of centos 7.
2. yum install http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-releaseXX.rpm
where XX is the version I am working with.
3. Make sure sshd is up and running and my engine can connect.
4. Install the host through the UI.

Haven't had that sequence fail in years.