[ovirt-users] chrony or ntp ?

Fabrice Bacchella fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr
Sun Jun 11 09:19:50 UTC 2017

> Le 10 juin 2017 à 22:21, Michal Skrivanek <mskrivan at redhat.com> a écrit :
>
>> On 09 Jun 2017, at 15:48, Fabrice Bacchella <fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr> wrote:
>>

>> People might be suprised. I'm currently trying to understand what chrony did to my ntpd setup, it look like it killed it and puppet has hard time to reconfigure it.
>>
>> And as it's not a 'ovirt update' but instead vdsm update seems to happen more frequently, some people might forget to read release notes and be disappointed.
>
> We do not configure anything. Just pull in dependency. You're free to
> disable the service as a common admin task. As long as you replace it
> with other time synchronization solution

Yes, that's I've done, but beware of user complain about broken ntp service because their specially crafted ntpd configuration now lying dead. I detected it because my puppet setup tried to uninstall chrony and failed. What about other users ? Does the default chrony settings always works, for every one ?