[ovirt-users] Hardware for Hyperconverged oVirt: Gluster storage best practice

ovirt at fateknollogee.com ovirt at fateknollogee.com
Sun Jun 11 13:36:13 UTC 2017

>> Is that a hyper-converged setup of both oVirt and Gluster?
>> We usually do it in batches of 3 nodes.

Yes, it is for a HC setup of both oVirt & Gluster.

>> ..it really depends on your budget,
>> performance, and your availability requirements.

I would like to enhance the performance.

>> Makes sense (I could not see the rear bays - might have missed them).
>> Will you be able to put some SSDs there for caching?

This the correct part #
https://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/2U/216/SC216BE26-R920LPB
In all the oVirt docs/videos, no one mentioned using SSD for caching?
Therefore I was not planning on caching.
I planned to install oVirt node on the rear SSD's