[ovirt-users] Re-adding oVirt host.

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Sun Jun 11 22:06:34 UTC 2017

Hi.

I deleted /etc/vdsm/vdsm.id, rebooted the box but still could not re-add the host.
Still the same error message: "Error while executing action: Cannot add Host. The Host name is already in use, please choose a unique name and try again.”

What I did to fix it:
# su postgres
bash-4.2$ psql -s engine
psql (9.2.18)
engine=# select vds_id from vds_static where host_name = ‘my.ip.add.ress’;

                vds_id
 acadd185-5673-4eb9-8ad3-b5c0390caeb0
(1 row)

engine=# delete from vds_statistics where vds_id = 'acadd185-5673-4eb9-8ad3-b5c0390caeb0’;
engine=# delete from vds_dynamic where vds_id = 'acadd185-5673-4eb9-8ad3-b5c0390caeb0’;
engine=# delete from vds_static where vds_id = 'acadd185-5673-4eb9-8ad3-b5c0390caeb0';

Finally I ran:
# uuidgen > /etc/vdsm/vdsm.id

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction Arman.

Marcin.