[ovirt-users] Question about Clusters and Storage usage

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Mon Jun 12 17:54:49 UTC 2017

Hello folks.

I have here a scenario where I have one Datacenter and inside it I have
one Cluster which has multiple hosts with Shared storage between them.

Now I am willing to add another standalone host with Local Storage only
and logic tells me to add to the same Datacenter created as they are in
fact in the same physical Datacenter, but as this host has only Local
Storage I shouldn't obviously add to the existing cluster.

Question is: As the Datacenter was created with Storage type Shared
     - Should I create a new Cluster and add it to it, even though the
new Host has only Local Storage
     - Or should I create another Datacenter with Storage Type Local, a
cluster within it and then add the Host there ?

Thanks
Fernando