[ovirt-users] HostedEngine VM not visible, but running

cmc iucounu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:32:47 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've migrated from a bare-metal engine to a hosted engine. There were
no errors during the install, however, the hosted engine did not get
started. I tried running:

hosted-engine --status

on the host I deployed it on, and it returns nothing (exit code is 1
however). I could not ping it either. So I tried starting it via
'hosted-engine --vm-start' and it returned:

Virtual machine does not exist

But it then became available. I logged into it successfully. It is not
in the list of VMs however.

Any ideas why the hosted-engine commands fail, and why it is not in
the list of virtual machines?

Thanks for any help,

Cam