[ovirt-users] Remove host from hosted engine configuration

Mike Farnam alex.duckers at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 02:47:29 UTC 2017

I had 3 hosts running in a hosted engine setup,  oVirt Engine Version: 4.1.2.2-1.el7.centos, using FC storage.  One of my hosts went unresponsive in the GUI, and attempts to bring it back were fruitless.  I eventually decided to just remove it and have gotten it removed from the GUI, but it still shows in “hosted-engine —vm-status” command on the other 2 hosts.  The 2 good nodes show it as the following:

--== Host 3 status ==--

conf_on_shared_storage             : True
Status up-to-date                  : False
Hostname                           : host3.my.lab
Host ID                            : 3
Engine status                      : unknown stale-data
Score                              : 0
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : True
crc32                              : bce9a8c5
local_conf_timestamp               : 2605898
Host timestamp                     : 2605882
Extra metadata (valid at timestamp):
metadata_parse_version=1
metadata_feature_version=1
timestamp=2605882 (Thu Jun 15 15:18:13 2017)
host-id=3
score=0
vm_conf_refresh_time=2605898 (Thu Jun 15 15:18:29 2017)
conf_on_shared_storage=True
maintenance=True
state=LocalMaintenance
stopped=False

How can I either remove this host altogether from the configuration, or repair it so that it is back in a good state?  The host is up, but due to my removal attempts earlier, reports “unknown stale data” for all 3 hosts in the config.

Thanks