[ovirt-users] ovirt sdk and pipelining

nicolas at devels.es nicolas at devels.es
Fri Jun 16 08:41:22 UTC 2017

El 2017-06-16 08:52, Fabrice Bacchella escribió:
> I just read the blog entry about performance increate in for the
> python sdk
> (https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2017/05/higher-performance-for-python-sdk/).
>
> I'm quite sceptical about pipelining.

I disagree. Even without reading the post you mention, we already
noticed that since this version everything is working much faster than
with prior versions. We have a lot of stuff implemented with Python-SDK
but on one of them the effect is quite notorious: A script checks VMs'
permissions and takes decisions based on them. Without pipelining this
script took about 5 minutes to execute, with pipelining it doesn't take
more than 15 seconds on a ~1000VMs infrastructure.

Regards,

Nicolás