[ovirt-users] OVirt 4.1.2 - trim/discard on HDD/XFS/NFS contraproductive

Idan Shaby ishaby at redhat.com
Sun Jun 18 08:18:38 UTC 2017

Right, but I just wanted to emphasize that disabling "Enable Discard" for
that disk will cause qemu to ignore these UNMAP commands and not pass it on
to the underlying storage.
So if you've got this flag disabled, there's no reason to use fstrim. It
makes sense to use it only when enabling "Discard enabled".

Regards,
Idan