[ovirt-users] when creating VMs, I don't want hosted_storage to be an option

Chris Boot bootc at bootc.net
Thu Jun 22 08:42:08 UTC 2017

On 19/06/17 15:30, Mike Farnam wrote:
> Hi All - Is that a way to mark hosted_storage somehow so that it’s not available to add new VMs to?  Right now it’s the default storage domain when adding a VM.  At the least, I’d like to make another storage domain the default.
> Is there a way to do this?

This would be a nice thing to have.

AIUI, however, the oVirt folks are working towards not needing a
dedicated storage domain for the hosted engine, which may alleviate this
particular gripe. That being said, it would otherwise be nice to mark a
storage domain as not usable for new volumes (a bit like the allocatable
option for LVM physical volumes).

Cheers,
Chris

--