[ovirt-users] VM live migration and NFS 4.2

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 07:21:53 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 10:31 PM, Markus Stockhausen <
stockhausen at collogia.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are currently evaluating NFS 4.2 based storage for OVirt 4.1.2. Normal
> operation
> and discard support work like a charm.
>
> For some strange reason we cannot use VM live migration any more. As soon
> as one
> NFS 4.2 based VM disk is doing disk I/O during the operation. VM stalls
> and is paused.
> It seems as if qemu on target node cannot take over disk images. See
> BZ1464787.

Can you make sure you are not suffering from any SELinux issues?
What NFS server are you using? If it's Linux based, it needs some selinux
commands.
For example (from ovirt-system-tests):
    semanage fcontext -a -t nfs_t '/exports/nfs(/.*)?'
    restorecon -Rv /exports/nfs

> Has anybody else seen similar issues?

Raz?
Y.