[ovirt-users] Ovirt remove network from hosted engine

knarra knarra at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 12:32:32 UTC 2017

On 06/27/2017 05:41 PM, Abi Askushi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When setting up hosted engine setup on top gluster with 3 nodes, I had
> gluster configured on a separate network interface, as recommended.
> When I tried later to upload ISO from engine to ISO domain, the engine
> was not able to upload it since the VM did not have access to the
> separate storage network. I then added the storage network interface
> to the hosted engine and ISO upload succeeded.
May i know what was the volume type created and added as ISO domain ?

If you plan to use a glusterfs volume below is the procedure :

1) Create a glusterfs volume.
2) While adding storage domain select Domain Function as 'ISO' and
Storage Type as 'glusterfs' .
3) You can either use 'use managed gluster volume' check box and select
the gluster volume which you have created for storing ISO's or you can
type the full path of the volume.
4) Once this is added please make sure to set the option nfs.disable off.
5) Now you can go to HE engine and run the command engine-iso-uploader
upload -i <gluster_iso_domain_name> <iso_file>

Iso gets uploaded successfully.

> 1st question: do I need to add the network interface to engine in
> order to upload ISOs? does there exist any alternate way?
AFAIK, this is not required when glusterfs volume is used.

Attached is the screenshot where i have only one network attached to my
HE which is ovirtmgmt.